Sunday, March 31, 2013

Grandpa

   I think I have finally learned that God is in control of everything. I will probably write a few more posts about the stress I'm feeling before I bring my son home, but I need to remind myself that God is in control.
  A few weeks ago I really wanted to hear that our court date was set for this week. I prayed and asked many of you to pray for our court date to be around this time. God knew that this was not when we were supposed to go to Ethiopia.
  My amazing Grandpa (dad's dad) passed away today. I have so many wonderful memories of my Grandpa and will always treasure my recent visits with him. We knew that my Grandpa was sick and therefore we spent multiple hours at my Grandpa's house during the last few weeks. My Grandpa had a hilarious sense of humor and we were constantly laughing around him. Yesterday, my family spent the afternoon at his bedside and we were able to express our love for him. Grandpa told us he loved us too.
  If God had listened to what I wanted and went on my timeline, we would be in Ethiopia during my Grandpa's funeral. I would have also missed spending quality time with my Grandpa and being there for my dad during this tough time.
 God KNEW that I needed to be here for my family this week. I am just so thankful that God is in control and I'm not.




No comments:

Post a Comment