Sunday, April 14, 2013

In just a couple of days....

  We will be holding our Zeri!!!!!!! Yay!!:) Oh, I just CAN NOT WAIT to kiss all over his sweet little face and just tell him how much we love him. It doesn't seem real..it feels like a dream. I can't believe we are actually meeting our Zeri.
 Jeremiah and I will be flying out of Indy on Wednesday, April 17 at 6:00a.m. and arriving in Addis on Thursday, April 18. We will meet Zeri on Friday morning! Please pray that we have a safe flight and enjoy our time in Ethiopia. We are looking forward to seeing Ethiopia and interacting with the beautiful people there.
 You know I don't like being away from Olivia. I am so anxious about leaving her for 8 days, but I know she will be in good hands.
 Olivia has been collecting money (in her shark pig bank!) for awhile. She wanted to collect money for the kids in Africa. Yesterday we let Olivia use her money to purchase coloring books and crayons for the kids. She was so excited to buy these gifts for the kids. It was precious watching her talk through why she was buying a certain coloring book for a girl or why she thought a little boy needed a pack of crayons.

Here is Olivia picking out the supplies for the kids in Africa.

 When Olivia woke up from her nap yesterday, I told her I was giving her a super special job. She was thrilled! I told Olivia that I needed her help packing up all of the donations. Side note-For my 30th birthday back in September I posted a challenge on Facebook asking people to donate items. I wanted to see if I could get 30 items donated for my 30th birthday. Well, we are taking way more than 30 items! My friends and family were so generous and we are taking 3 full suit cases with donations!



Olivia told me her job was to line the shoes up before I put them in the suit case. She was a huge help because she made sure I had matching shoes!

 We packed most of our clothes yesterday (yes, I know they are going to be very wrinkled!) and we just have a few things left to do! We will try to update the blog when we are in Ethiopia. It will be so exciting to share about our trip! We can't post any pictures of Zeri until after our court date on Monday. Please pray that the judge says that he is our child and that all of the paperwork is in his (judge) hands that day.
 Another neat thing we get to do is meet our  YWAM family during this trip. We are looking forward to meeting this mother and daughter!
 Please continue to pray that things go smoothly for us and that Zeri comes home soon. Please pray that we feel God's loving arms around us as we leave Zeri on Saturday (we will only see him on Friday and Saturday) and that it takes the minimum amount of time (about 6 weeks) until we can bring home!!
 Thank you for your support!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment