Monday, April 29, 2013

A special moment


I have so much to write about..our trip, meeting Zeri, seeing our YWAM family, and reuniting with Olivia. However, I just don't have the time to write about it right now. Hopefully I will find time soon!

Please pray for our next step in our adoption journey. We just had a bunch of documents signed, notarized, and sent off over the weekend. We are praying that we bring Zeri home in 6 weeks and not 2-4 months. We want our little boy home with us!

I can't end a post without a picture of our little Z! He is definitely a Cox and I can't wait to tell you more about meeting him! When we were in Ethiopia I kissed all over that sweet little face! :) I couldn't stop kissing his face-seriously! We had waited so long to kiss him and I just couldn't stop!

Zeri was pretty scared of us. Every day he ended up warming up to us (after an hour of crying!), but then he was scared of us again the next day. The last day I was holding him and he was crying (like a "Why is this lady holding me!? I'm terrified of her!" cry). I started telling him how much we love him. I told Zeri over and over that we love him more than he'll ever know and that we have been praying for him for over 2 years. I told him that I know it's scary and that I know he'll learn to love us. I told him that we won't stop loving him and that it doesn't matter how much he cries, we'll never give up on him. It was a moment that I will remember forever. My words didn't make him stop crying (and nothing did..except for his bottle) but I was so overwhelmed with love for my little boy. My little Z was just looking at me with tears streaming down his face and I had tears in my eyes as I was trying to comfort him. I was just smiling at him and quietly whispering these words of love to him. And as I held him so close to me and felt his curly locks against my face I realized that he is my boy. The one whom I have prayed for and fallen in love with over the past two years. It was the love that only a mommy can feel and it made me realize that I love this boy with my entire heart.


One quick Olivia story to close this post. Every time we give Olivia a kiss she wipes it off. Jeremiah and I thought she was trying to goof around and pretend like she didn't want our kisses. Tonight I asked Olivia why she wipes our kisses off and she responded, "Because I don't want anyone else to take them. I want to keep them for myself." Then I asked her where she keeps them and she said without hesitation, "In my heart." Bless her sweet little heart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment