Sunday, July 1, 2012

Almost 3...

Our case worker told us that she thinks we will move 2 or 3 spots on the waiting list by the end of this week. This news makes my heart so happy!:) We will most likely be at number 3 on the waiting list!!! It didn't take us too long to jump from number 6 to number 3 on the waiting list. My hope is that the next jump will be from number 3 to number 1. Can you believe how close we are getting to this being a reality!?

We are ready to meet our little boy. Olivia is constantly thinking about her baby brother. Below I have listed a few conversations that I've had with Olivia this summer. -We were talking about one of my friends having a baby the next day and she said, "Mommy..is God bringing her baby to her right now?" I told her yes. Then she said, "Mommy..I really wish God would bring me my baby brother now too." I almost lost it. I told her that God is going to bring her baby brother at the perfect time (we constantly talk about how God is going to bring her brother to us).

We talked about how Olivia grew in my tummy, but her baby brother isn't growing in my tummy. I told her that sometimes a baby grows in his mommy's tummy and then he goes home with his family from the hospital. I went on to tell her that a baby may grow in his mommy's tummy, but then his mommy has to make a plan for someone else to take care of him. I said that sometimes this plan means that a family will adopt this baby and that's what we are going to do. We are so lucky because we get to hug and kiss him forever. He will be so lucky because you will be his big sister. After thinking for a minutes, Olivia's eyes filled up with tears. Then I saw one tear fall onto her cheek and she said, "But...mommy...I don't want another mommy to carry my brother inside her tummy. I want my baby brother to be in your tummy." Another tear jerker people!

-Before we went to church today Olivia said, "Mommy..I really wish I could have a baby brother like Ava has." We weren't talking about her brother when this thought popped into her mind.

 -One day she said, "When baby brother comes I will share my toys with him. I'm going to give him a lot of my toys. I will still have some and then he will have some too."

 -We took a quick trip to Indy to take Olivia to the zoo. While we were waiting for a show to begin I pointed out all of the babies by us. Olivia adores little babies. She had a sad look on her face and said, "I really want a baby." I said, "Oh Liv..I really want our baby too!" She looked up at me with an enormous smile (and full of confidence) and said, "Mommy..you will have a baby soon. God is bringing him to you." I couldn't believe she said that. Oh..to have faith like a child!:)

-Olivia tells me all that time that when she grows up she wants to be a sister. Then she goes on to tell me that she wants to be a mommy and a teacher.

*I will stop with the Olivia stories because I'm sure you can only read so many of them before you are extremely bored.:) Can you please do me a favor? Can you please pray for my little boy's mom? The closer our journey becomes a reality, the more my heart breaks for his real mom. I can't imagine what she is going through (or already went through) and the loss she will feel once she places my boy in an orphanage. I can't imagine being in a position in which I felt I had to make a different plan for my child and not raise him in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment