Monday, March 19, 2012

Disregard my last post...

Just disregard my last blog post. As it turns out, we are STILL #9 on the list and not #8. I thought we had moved places, but we have not. I'm not going to lie...it's getting hard. I fully realize that "God is going to give us the perfect child for our family" and "God is in control." It's just hard when we've been number 9 on the wait list since June. Our number has not changed! It would be easier to wait if we were seeing any movement...but we aren't. It's been 6 months since we submitted our dossier to Ethiopia and almost one year since we started this journey.
It's not only hard for us, but for Olivia too. The other day I asked her, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" She quickly replied, "I want to be a big sister." She wants to meet baby brother just as much (or maybe more) as we do!
Please know that I'm aware that people are facing hardships and greater issues then we are. I feel so blessed to have such a healthy little girl and I just can't wait to add another child to our family.

*****Update: It's funny how things happen.:) We just talked to our case worker and she confirmed that we ARE #8 on the wait list. This means we are #8 on the list with people who want either a baby girl or baby boy. We are actually #3 on the wait list of people who want just a baby boy. It really does make me so happy to hear that we have moved 1 spot! Our case worker also said that within a few days she hopes to hand out at least 2 more referrals for baby boys. That means we will be down to #6 and then #1 on the list for a baby boy. The #1 doesn't really mean much because all of the other people are open to a baby girl or boy...but it still helps me feel better knowing that we are going to move on the list! Yippee!!:) So...disregard the post I just wrote today. Ha! Our case worker just told us that we were still #9 a few days ago (and that's why I wrote this post).

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you had a turn around in news, right when it was bumming you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GREAT news. I am glad that you are right where you thought you were. We are both learning patience while waiting on news of our little ones. What a journey! With tears I try to imagine the ABSOLUTE JOY that we will each experience when you get "the call" for baby boy & if we find out that Baby Girl is up for Adoption. There are no words. xoxo

    ReplyDelete