Thursday, July 21, 2011

Passports

Every time Olivia takes a nap, I work on adoption paperwork. I think I've kind of been a spaz because I just want to get all of the documents completed and sent to our case worker before August (I'm sure Jeremiah would agree..but I'm almost positive he wouldn't just say "kind of a spaz." Haha). Our CHI case worker will review it and tell us what changes need to be made. There are multiple documents that are finished, but we are still working on paperwork. I think the hardest part is waiting on other people. We could finish our part of the dossier pretty quicklly, but it'll be weeks (maybe months) before we will send off our dossier. Right now we are waiting and praying that the lady approves our home study quickly so we can send it off to the USCIS. Our caseworker said this could take weeks. Then we'll get the appointment for our fingerprinting. After that, we'll just wait for our results and then we can finally put all of our dossier documents together. Jeremiah and I just applied for our passports before we left for vacation. This is one of the documents we need for our dossier. So, of course I've been a little nervous about the passports hindering our ability to send off our dossier in a timely manner.
Today I sat down for my quiet time. I was praying about our adoption and that God would give me patience throughout this process. I was telling God that I knew He was in control and that the paperwork would get done. When I finished praying, I had a sense of peace. I know that God is in control. I know that right now God is preparing the perfect child for us. So no matter how long it takes us to complete our dossier, God is going to match us with the child he wants to become part of our family.
The second I finished praying (no joke), I saw the mail truck come to our house. I went out to check our mailbox and found our passports! It's kind of silly, I know..but I had tears in my eyes. It was just like God was telling me, "See...you need to trust me. There's no need to worry because I'm in control."

No comments:

Post a Comment