Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Growling and kisses..oh my!

Zeri had a rough week last week. He has been displaying typical 16 month old boy behavior...hitting, throwing tantrums, grunting/growling (not sure if that's normal-ha!:)), and crying all the time. My boy wants to be outside nonstop! If I don't take him out he will throw himself on the floor and cry. When someone comes over or leaves he cries and throws fits. He just likes to be out and about.

Over the weekend Jeremiah and I realized that Zeri doesn't cry or throw as many tantrums when Jeremiah is around. Zeri is happy when it's just Jeremiah and the kids. When I walk in he starts crying and throwing fits. I don't give in to him (I know that's what you were thinking!:)), but I think he displays this behavior because I'm the one he has really attached to and meets most of his needs. Jeremiah is an amazing daddy, but I'm the one who is home with him all day right now. So, that's why I'm meeting most of his needs.

Even though we had a rough week last week I am so thankful that I'm off with my kids! I had the most special moment with Zeri today! I was crawling after him  and we both stopped in the hallway. I looked at him and said a few times, "I love you sweet boy." Then he crawled over to me, got down in my face, and planted a HUGE kiss on my lips. He got up and smiled at me. This makes all of the hard times worth it. As an adoptive mom this moment is one I will never forget. I spent many days thinking about when my son would attach to me and this kiss showed me how much our relationship has grown over the past many weeks. I'm thankful that Zeri feels attached to me and that he feels comfortable lovin' on his mommy!

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your blog. God Bless Your Family.
    From Ethiopian

    ReplyDelete